You won’t find a list of winners here. Just check ever other entertainment blog on the face of the earth. Here we just have the Do’s and Don’ts of the Oscars: 2012 Edition.
Do’s and Don’ts: 2012
- Do check your sound. My television couldn’t been the only one with weird audio feedback and sound.
- Do let Billy Crystal host every year. Maybe he can switch it on and off with Hugh. Billy does it simple, classic. It might seem boring or safe, but overall he carried the show well. The audience seemed to agree.
- Don’t do fun facts before commercial breaks. I don’t care. I don’t like it when you do it during the Emmys so I’m definitely not going to like it during the Oscars.
- Do let Emma Stone come on stage more often. She will be my best friend. She was so funny and charming. Not in an obnoxious way either. I thought she and Ben Stiller played very nicely.
- Don’t let RDJ do that documentary thing again. I love him, but it was very awkward. Let me say it again, I love him, but don’t let him do that again.
- Do switch up your presentation such as Cameron Diaz. She does present like every year. Let her have a little fun. Same for Sandra Bullock. She was Ms. Congeniality, let her speak that German Chinese! Find the right balance. Yes to the ladies. Just let RDJ stand there and be handsome.
- Don’t do little jokes that aren’t that funny. Do a test audience on the test audience skit. You can save time. Speaking about time… look to the next one.
- Don’t say you’ll end at 11:30. Be honest with yourselves… you always end at 11:40.
- Do allow Colin Firth to present all awards. You can’t say no to that face or that voice.
- Don’t let there only be two Best Song nominees. Also Do let them perform. It’s more entertaining.
- Do play a side game on tumblr or twitter with other fans of an actor. Benedict Cumberwatch ’12 on tumblr. It was highly entertaining for myself since I’ve just become a fan.
- Do make a twitter for Angelina Jolie’s leg. Pretty funny when going through your feed and you see that.