So I’ve decided after watching the Golden Globes on delay, thanks work and my other television shows that this post will be about Do’s and Don’t thanks to the globes.
- Do Watch “Homeland” on Showtime. Claire Danes won as well as the show itself.
- Do Go see “The Descendants”. George Clooney won as well as the film itself.
- Do Act your age. Madonna, your dress did not fit you. I hope you fair better for the Super Bowl, but probably not.
- Don’t be surprised if the teleprompter acts up. It’s a machine, it doesn’t have to obey your every command.
- Don’t let Ricky Gervais host again. He was boring. Let Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy present because their singing was adorable and also on key.
- Do let Claire Danes and Kate Winslet’s stylists pick out clothes for you. Their dresses were divine.
- Don’t forget your eyeglasses at your table like Meryl Streep.
- Do hand up the eyeglasses if you see she needs them. Sir, I’m looking at you when George Clooney handed them to you and you wouldn’t go up on the stage.
- Do try to improve your Spanish since Antonio Banderas talks way too fast for your high school Spanish education.
- Do mug the cameras like Tina Fey. It makes it more entertaining for the viewers. It isn’t the Oscars after all.
- Do ask Baz Lurhman why Michelle Williams wasn’t cast as Daisy in “The Great Gatsby”… a great missed opportunity.
- Don’t overtan like an Oompa Loompa… Rob Lowe take note of this one.
- Don’t let the dog upstage even though he’s adorable speaking for “The Artist” cast.
- Do make sure you are standing by the mic. Standing a foot away will make you very hard to hear.
- Do enjoy yourselves since there is no alcohol at your seat for the Oscars!